Marketing and Communications Specialist
Brenda L Castro
Meticulous organizational and time management skills are clearly my strongest assets. I enjoy working in a fast paced, team-oriented environment. I am a flexible, self-motivated professional with an acute focus on detail to drive results. Furthermore, my creative background allows me to bring forth innovative ideas and adapt well to the ever-changing work environment.
University of Central Florida, Orlando FL 1995 – 1999
Bachelor Degree of Arts in Organizational Communications
Summary of Technical Skills
Extensive background in the following competencies:
Production Coordinator/ Content Tracking Lead, Harcourt School Publishers,
6277 Sea Harbor Drive 2006-2008
Orlando, FL 32887
- Developed educational audio books for grade school students ranging from Science, Math and English.
- Translate Educational books into PDF format for database access.
- Developed and implemented tracking process and reporting tools to manage the projects through each stage of production.
- Developed User Acceptance Test form (UAT) to streamline communication between remote users and Java developers.
Event Planner, Fashion Rock LLC, 2003-2005
127 W Church St,
Orlando, FL 32801-3374
- Manage Talent events that involved music, dance, and modeling, through all the production stages. Fashion Rock LLC held 3-4 events per year. Prepare, manage, and maintain an accurate performer talent list to monitor attendance, and rooming arrangements.
- Manage, maintain, and follow-up on print materials that included itineraries, customized schedules according to talent, and guest badges for over 1,500 customers.
- On-site Backstage monitoring of talent, organizing each performance to ensure talent went out to stage on cue.
- Developed the master tracking report for over 1500 customers per event, and worked with sales to manage cancellations.
Customer Service Representative 2002-2003
- Organized and maintained all personal customer information for assigned events.
- Worked within a small group to address and alleviate customer concerns, i.e. credit card disputes, and payment processing.
- Provided customers with a single point of contact to assist with any and all issues pertaining to event attendance.
Administrative Office Manager, (HP Americas, Inc. Black & Decker Division) 2000-2002
Carretera 869 km 15
Catano, Puerto Rico 00962
- Worked closely with Director of Regional Sales- Latin America Division.
- Work with Sales on store point of purchase displays and helped to coordinate promotional events at retail locations. Promotional events involved product set-up for displays, and create direct to customer interaction to increase customer awareness of Black & Decker products that would result in immediate sales.
- Manage and supervised five local repair centers within Puerto Rico. General office duties.
Research Analyst, Casiano Communications
San Juan, Puerto Rico 1999-2000
- Research a wide variety of topics related to politics and business for reporters to use on publications. Publications included “Que Pasa!” and Caribbean Business “The Leading Business Newspaper in Puerto Rico and the Caribbean”.
- Coordinated uploads of news to digitize news archives into database.
- Create and implement methods of organization for easy search and retrieval.
- Vitas Hospice Care - Provide relief care and support to families and caregivers.
- Poshable Events - Assist with events. Greeting, setting up, clean up, etc.
- Orange County History Center – Outbound calls
- Harvest Food Outreach - Merchandising