Administrative Assistant / Paralegal / Bookkeeper / Accounting Assistant
8751 Commodity Circle #14
Orlando, FL. 32819
OBJECTIVE Maximize my skills in general office, business and law management to positively contribute with company goals.
Office Systems Technology Bilingual Course (English and Spanish), Graduated in June 1985
Certified Paralegal, Graduated in May 1992
Licensed Real Estate Sales, Approved in December of 1995 with active license linked to a Broward County Real Estate Broker.
DESIGNATION I have ample experience in Accounting, Financial Reporting. Fluent in simultaneous translation English/Spanish, Spanish/English, including Legal document Control in both languages.
I possess extensive interpersonal communication skills and experience. I am energetic, enthusiastic, enjoy working with people and I am a quick learner of new skills.
Highly motivated, exceptionally organized and work very well without supervision.
Microsoft Windows Applications: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and general internet website management including online payment processing for accounts receivable/accounts payable and PayPal.
Law related programs: Word Perfect, Abacus Law and Immigration Plus, ImmPro 37 and PCLaw
Bookkeeping Applications: Quick Books
WORK EXPERIENCE 2009-2013
Fistel Law Group, P.A. Coconut Creek, Florida.
Foreclosure Defense Law Practice
- Management of 4 bank accounts
- Accounting maintenance including internal controls to financial issues and general ledgers
- Preparation of monthly financial reports and reporting packages
- Clients Account Management, Accounts Receivable and Collections. Client/Law Firm Relations
- Vendors Account Management, Accounts Payable
- Clients Cost Account including Trust Account disbursements
Law Offices of Fistel & Associates, P.A., Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Paralegal/Legal Assistant to Senior Attorney
- General Paralegal duties related to Labor/Employment Law.
- Draft Pleadings and prepare cases to be filed in Federal and Circuit Courts.
- Case time billing and Calendar maintenance and scheduling clients.
- Case Management and Document Control
- General Client/Firm Correspondence
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable Bookkeeping in QuickBooks
Law Offices of F. Scott Fistel, P.A., Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Paralegal/Office Administrator-Legal Assistant to Senior Attorney.
- General Paralegal duties related to Labor/Employment and Immigration practice of Law
- Initial contact and interview with clients
- Draft agreements of representation
- Data entry/intake sheets for new clients
- Attending Political Asylum hearings and serving as Interpreter/Translator
- Completion of legal forms and supporting documentation regarding individual cases from Spanish speaking clients.
- Calendar maintenance and scheduling clients
- Management of office staff including direct employee/employer relations
- Case Management
- Bookkeeping of four bank accounts.
- Management of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Training of new office staff
REFERENCES Available upon request.